Skip to main content

Just another holiday??????????, 15th August


Yawn! Another day. Kool it seems it will rain. A welcome change from the scorching heat God has been punishing us all these days with. Get up Aeshna or you won't get any breakfast. Gawd why can't the timings of the breakfast shift to an hour later. Its a damn HOLIDAY!!!!!. I hope someone hears me. Believe me never watch a late night movie especially something like 'HANGOVER'. What a terrible hangover I have. Drag! drag! hopefully I reach the mess and not bang my head against a pillar. ALL THE RESIDENTS ARE REQUESTED TO COME DOWN FOR FLAG HOISTING######## Ouch why do they have to shout on the announcement box. Forget it Who wants to go down for flag hoisting. Its not a compulsion. Anyway I hate getting out of my night dress and godown. While sipping tea I just thought 'Nahi yaar its been long that I have attended flag hoisting '. Ki farak painda. Main kuch bhi pahan ke chali jaaooon. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought 'tie your hair and I think your dress is a bit too short for the occassion'. Koi kuch nahi kahega, no one will give me a second look but there is something called conscience. Have I become so independent in my thoughts or rather has western culture taken such a big toll on my lifestyle that wearing a traditional Indian dress such a pain in the ass. Independent I am. No more dependent financially on my dad, or take my parents permission to go anywhere............................and on and on. But is 62 years so long a period for me to forget the struggle my ancestors went through to give me this independence???????? Just 5 mins and that is all it will take me to wear my traditional dress and go down and join in for the flag hoisting. Today I felt proud while shouting 'Jai Hind'. There were tears in my eyes singing 'Hindi hai hum watan hai.........Hindustan hamara.........' If I can sms 'Happy frndship day' at the stroke of 12 so can I say 'Swatantrata Divas ki hardik shubhkamnai'. All my friends are Indians. Aur kuch na kar paoon to atleast I should proud to be one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of the sensuous six yards

5 months....as usual a long time.....oodles have happened during this period...I submitted my thesis on 16th December, 2011 (groan! no more hilarious Ph.D. comic scripts now). The new year brought a new surprise...my status was updated from research scholar-------->Assistant Professor....yes yes now I teach undergraduate students....(I know its a shock for you...it was an even bigger shock for me....ME.. A....T-E-A-C-H-E-R)... While starting out work there I realized it was very tough for me to establish myself as one cause I looked no more than a student. Today 4 months into the profession .......4 months of desperate attempts to look like a prof.......I was staring into my wardrobe when my eyes stopped over the pink coloured long cloth.....and I recalled what dadi (paternal grandmother) told me '.....saree is the most sensuous dress in which you can show all and hide all....'. With westernization creeping up all aspects....lifestyle, wardrobe...most of the women of young

Helllo

Hi, Well what can I say................Actually gotta think of a really catchy line to write the opening line of my blog. Hmmmmmm!!!!!! scratch scratch..... just forget it. Hi i am Aeshna, a research scholar at University of Delhi. Yawn! already a fact to cause disinterest. Well no actually my life is pretty colorful with all the bollywood masala- villian, hero and of course the heroine. Well my birthday just passed. As usual din do anything. I wish someone would do something really SPECIAL for me. Today my sir is not leaving the lab. so that means the whole day we'll be bugged for something or the other

Long long time

Hey!!!!!!!!!! once again a long gap! Man I just can't keep up the pace with blogging. Well work being finally decided am a bit mentally relaxed. Oh! no back to the same topic. Work! Am not going to bore myself with work even on my blog. Today we had an interesting discussion. Pooja (my senior) asked us an interesting question. Which moments of your life would you like to re -live but in a different way. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! point to ponder. But Idon't think should waste much of my energy on it. Of course my college life. I lived my grad life like a NERD. Get up in the morning, brush my teeth, have my breakfast and go to the college. Had all my notes intact. With my specs on the brink of my nose was among the toppers. I had terrible dressing sense (now my friends tell me). If give a chance to re live it how would it be.............................................. Get up late in the morning. Shit missed the alarm and the first class. Never mind got plenty of time to dress up for the