Skip to main content

The 'F' word

Well haven't written much in these few days for the simple reason nothing much has happened...... just like someone commented in an Indian restruant you get Indian food Phew! what an eye opener.Like I mentioned last time construction still on in my lab so my work is still stalled. Well this is building up my frustration.I will not utter this word'F' (Hey by the way its not fuck but frustration). I will tell you the heights of frustration building up in us. One day I found one of my collegues googling for the 'F' word. Well the only good thing that is happening is I am improving on my salsa. Yesterday in my dance class I slapped my sir some 4-5 times. No PUHLEEZ I didn't slap him with my hands 'cause he misbehaved or so.. its because my hair has grown so long and that every time he made me turn .SLAP............ he'd be slapped with my hair. OUCH! poor he was black blue by the end of his turn with me. 'SORRY SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!'. But my turns are improving. Salsa is all about how well the guy can lead you. The fun part of dancing with sir is even though I don't know the moves he makes me do all unknown turns with perfection. Well yesterday one of my friends commented '... girls have this innate ability to shop all year round but their wardrobe seem to be undergoing recession as the world economy when it comes to dressing upfor an occassion'. I totally agree with him... BUT MAN you don't understand we girls can't repeat a dress. No one even gives a second look to the guy (well according to my survey this trend to has started to catch up with guys however it is still 15% in comparison to the girlz). We are under constant survellance right starting from the shoes to hair to accessories and of course dress. I will give you an example that happened with me. I have this red T-shirt 'CALL OF THE WILD' that's the caption on it and am absolutely in love with it. I wear it pretty often (atleast once a week). My colleagues told me with a grim face '...Aeshna I used to love this T- shirt but it has lost its charm' in other words 'Please STOP wearing it'. Such was the reaction for wearing it just once a week. I don't even want to mention their reaction as to when I repeated my T-shirt 2 days in a row. So you see that is why we never have enough to wear. Even if the economy undergoes recession there is always plenty for women to shop :-). Bang! bang! okay that's not my empty brain making noise but the sound of felling of wall (remember the construction). Sweet Jesus! please help your child (Holy Child ;-))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of the sensuous six yards

5 months....as usual a long time.....oodles have happened during this period...I submitted my thesis on 16th December, 2011 (groan! no more hilarious Ph.D. comic scripts now). The new year brought a new surprise...my status was updated from research scholar-------->Assistant Professor....yes yes now I teach undergraduate students....(I know its a shock for you...it was an even bigger shock for me....ME.. A....T-E-A-C-H-E-R)... While starting out work there I realized it was very tough for me to establish myself as one cause I looked no more than a student. Today 4 months into the profession .......4 months of desperate attempts to look like a prof.......I was staring into my wardrobe when my eyes stopped over the pink coloured long cloth.....and I recalled what dadi (paternal grandmother) told me '.....saree is the most sensuous dress in which you can show all and hide all....'. With westernization creeping up all aspects....lifestyle, wardrobe...most of the women of young

Helllo

Hi, Well what can I say................Actually gotta think of a really catchy line to write the opening line of my blog. Hmmmmmm!!!!!! scratch scratch..... just forget it. Hi i am Aeshna, a research scholar at University of Delhi. Yawn! already a fact to cause disinterest. Well no actually my life is pretty colorful with all the bollywood masala- villian, hero and of course the heroine. Well my birthday just passed. As usual din do anything. I wish someone would do something really SPECIAL for me. Today my sir is not leaving the lab. so that means the whole day we'll be bugged for something or the other

Long long time

Hey!!!!!!!!!! once again a long gap! Man I just can't keep up the pace with blogging. Well work being finally decided am a bit mentally relaxed. Oh! no back to the same topic. Work! Am not going to bore myself with work even on my blog. Today we had an interesting discussion. Pooja (my senior) asked us an interesting question. Which moments of your life would you like to re -live but in a different way. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! point to ponder. But Idon't think should waste much of my energy on it. Of course my college life. I lived my grad life like a NERD. Get up in the morning, brush my teeth, have my breakfast and go to the college. Had all my notes intact. With my specs on the brink of my nose was among the toppers. I had terrible dressing sense (now my friends tell me). If give a chance to re live it how would it be.............................................. Get up late in the morning. Shit missed the alarm and the first class. Never mind got plenty of time to dress up for the