Skip to main content

Slice of pizza


Hmmm the mouth watering Italian cuisine. I simply love it. With the topping of cheese, tomato, onion and capsicum. Shit sorry for slurping but just the thought of it increases the salivary production from my sublingual glands (for the non biological students- it is the salivary gland present at the base of the tongue). I had this strong urge to eat pizza since MONDAY....... and there were some who even said they'd take me out for pizza but.............. So I targeted my collegue whose birthday had just passed. 'Please pizza khila de, khila dena..........' Few of my close friends joined me in this pursuit. Whoops!!!!!!! Poor guy had to give in to our demands. I would start the day with the chant 'Please aaj khila de........' and end it with '.......... tune aaj bhi nahi khilaya'. So finally last evening at 7pm our brigade marched down to Nirula's to satisfy our taste buds. However we were restricted to only 2 regular sized pizza :-(............ since there were 4 of us , with 4 pieces in each pizza, each of us just gotta piece (well my Maths has not deterioted even though am a Biology student). Well I was satisfied with the topping- onion, cheese and tomato but my other friend wanted 6 toppings (sorry I the list is too long to be put in). One thing that I noticed was each time they served the pizza it was unequally divided into the pieces (We received them at intervals and not together). Everytime my collegue would set down the plate in front of us it was always the small slice that faced me. I didn't grab the large piece as my friend did. I kept on chewing the small piece. Why Aeshna! why did you not take the large piece! you were the one who wanted to eat pizza for the past 1 week. Is it so with my life too. Am I missing the the best of oppurtunities and letting them go to someone else's lap. I can count the innumerable oppurtunities which were passed down right down my nose and yet I just couldn't get them................................ No I don't think so Aeshna! You may have just had the small slice but you enjoyed it in every bite. It may have finished fast but you savoured the taste for long. Yesterday your tummy was not well and having an extra bite would just have made you sick. You are drooling over the oppurtunities which you have not got but have forgotten to to count the oppurtunities that you have got and as against others you were in the limelight. The results can be seen in your professional life. Ooooooooopssss that was some sermon. And where did I start having these thoughts....... while running on the treadmill today morning. Anyway next time I am having the whole pizza to myself Slurp! slurp! Sorry for being so slurpy.

Latest from Salsa is............. no news. Our class was cancelled last Sunday :-(. Hey anyone for 'Avatar'.............. I wanna watch the movie. Whoever wants to watch please join me. I need company......... you know where to contact me ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of the sensuous six yards

5 months....as usual a long time.....oodles have happened during this period...I submitted my thesis on 16th December, 2011 (groan! no more hilarious Ph.D. comic scripts now). The new year brought a new surprise...my status was updated from research scholar-------->Assistant Professor....yes yes now I teach undergraduate students....(I know its a shock for you...it was an even bigger shock for me....ME.. A....T-E-A-C-H-E-R)... While starting out work there I realized it was very tough for me to establish myself as one cause I looked no more than a student. Today 4 months into the profession .......4 months of desperate attempts to look like a prof.......I was staring into my wardrobe when my eyes stopped over the pink coloured long cloth.....and I recalled what dadi (paternal grandmother) told me '.....saree is the most sensuous dress in which you can show all and hide all....'. With westernization creeping up all aspects....lifestyle, wardrobe...most of the women of young

Helllo

Hi, Well what can I say................Actually gotta think of a really catchy line to write the opening line of my blog. Hmmmmmm!!!!!! scratch scratch..... just forget it. Hi i am Aeshna, a research scholar at University of Delhi. Yawn! already a fact to cause disinterest. Well no actually my life is pretty colorful with all the bollywood masala- villian, hero and of course the heroine. Well my birthday just passed. As usual din do anything. I wish someone would do something really SPECIAL for me. Today my sir is not leaving the lab. so that means the whole day we'll be bugged for something or the other

Long long time

Hey!!!!!!!!!! once again a long gap! Man I just can't keep up the pace with blogging. Well work being finally decided am a bit mentally relaxed. Oh! no back to the same topic. Work! Am not going to bore myself with work even on my blog. Today we had an interesting discussion. Pooja (my senior) asked us an interesting question. Which moments of your life would you like to re -live but in a different way. Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! point to ponder. But Idon't think should waste much of my energy on it. Of course my college life. I lived my grad life like a NERD. Get up in the morning, brush my teeth, have my breakfast and go to the college. Had all my notes intact. With my specs on the brink of my nose was among the toppers. I had terrible dressing sense (now my friends tell me). If give a chance to re live it how would it be.............................................. Get up late in the morning. Shit missed the alarm and the first class. Never mind got plenty of time to dress up for the